All the Manor Castle candidates live and work in the area. Graham Wroe has been working here since the 1980’s, leading campaigns for road safety and against incinerator pollution. He helped keep pedestrian access through the station and is a Union rep for UCU at Sheffield College.
Susi Liles offers considerable experience in health, social and equality issues to benefit the local community. Susi is a retired member of the Royal College of Nursing.
Malcolm Liles has experience in local government, health and the voluntary sector. He is a retired member of Unite. Malcolm and Susi volunteer at the S2 Foodbank and attend the Manor Assembly.
Greens winning here!
The Green Party came second in this constituency in the General Election, making Sheffield Central one of the top 3 Green seats in the country.
Green Councillors have worked to stop litter and fly-tipping and deal with anti-social behaviour. We have challenged the policy of selling public services without public scrutiny.
We opposed plans for a new elected mayor, rejected in a 2012 referendum.
In the council budget we proposed to:
- Cut the price of residents’ parking permits
- Cut executive pay in the Council
- Invest £6.5 million in cutting fuel bills for homes and schools
We also found extra money to:
- Cut air pollution from taxis
- Improve road safety and public transport
- Save vital care for the elderly and disabled All were rejected by the ruling Labour group.
All were rejected by the ruling Labour group.